Thursday, May 6, 2010

Week 1

I tried the hcg diet but it wasn't for me. I got cranky and tired when I couldn't eat much and it was hard to make meals for my entire family when I couldn't eat them. I have decided I am going to lose weight the old fashion way. Eating right and exercising. Sure it will come off slower but it is healthier and it is what I can do.

I have started a program called ChaLean's Extreme. This will be my second time doing it and it is effective. I lost 20 lbs the first time I did this program but then life happened so I got side tracked for a little bit. I was not happy, I was struggling to make it through the day, I wasn't being a good mother, wife, you name it. I had lost my confidence that I had gained over those few short months. I don't know what happened but one day I decided I couldn't take it anymore. I am not sure how I shook the shadows away but whatever it was it feels great.

I have started working out with my husband every morning at 6 am. Having a partner to exercise has helped. Doing it alone is tough, its doable but I have accomplished more this week then I have in a really long time. I also have great friends who walk with me a couple times of the week.

It may be that since my husband doesn't do homework at night anymore I get more sleep, or it might be because I don't have to work on the weekends anymore. It make be a combination of these things but I know this one thing to be true, God has never left my side. I haven't been the nicest lately but he never left. He stayed with me during my dark walk. I could not have survived if it hadn't been for Him. He has guided me to the decisions I have made to be a better mother, a better wife, a better person. I can't remember the last time I have felt the spirit so strongly, then I have this week. It has been a great week. It has reminded me that I am a daughter of God. That is what has gotten through each day. One day at a time.

1 comment:

Julie Butts said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.